In 1984, the architect Miguel Quintana Pali acquired five hectares in Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, to construct his residence. However, while cleaning the field, he discovered that it had cenotes and underground rivers. Reason enough to create a park where everybody could enjoy the natural beauties of the region.
In association with Oscar, Marcos and Carlos, the Constandse brothers, Quintana Pali succeeded in the idea of creating a park which he called Xcaret. Since its opening on December 1990, it has been recognized as one of the most famous attractions of the Cancun-Riviera Maya tourist destination.
The Experiencias Xcaret Group is renowned worldwide as a leading company in sustainable recreational tourism and for its socially responsible commitment.
- Experiencias Xcaret is an organization which career in sustainable recreational tourism started in 1990.
- It represents the most successful model of sustainable recreational tourism in Mexico.
- It is a Mexican company, specialized in offering unique and unforgettable experiences for its visitors, exceeding expectations through quality products and services.
- Experiencias Xcaret operates the most emblematic parks of Cancun and Riviera Maya: Xcaret, Xel-Ha, Xplor, Xplor Fuego, Xoximilco, Xenses, as well as the Xenotes tour.
- Via the Xichen brand, it operates deluxe tours, with visits to the archaeological sites of the Great Mayan Peninsula and to the colonial city of Valladolid.
- Nowadays, Experiencias Xcaret is the most important tours and excursions operator in Cancun and Riviera Maya.